What's new

Why are certain regions restricted from a particular survey?

Anger and distaste are mere words to describe the pain and hurts I feel Inside, when I log in to take surveys and it is boldly written: NO SURVEY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR REGION! That's seem unfair to me.

This issue is being faced by many who found themselves in a developing country.

Why should surveys be limited to certain kinds of persons, I do question myself? What could be responsible for this problem? I need an answer, please share your reason.
The proponents of the surveys are from top tier countries when they perform their business, so the need people from those regions to take part in surveys. It always pain me too, but what can be done?

The survey is a research question confined withing the targetted environment where the company or business is located so they are expecting the feedback from their customers who live within the region.

Then, you have to know that, even I who live in Italy, however have the same problem. On survey sites, for me they are usually available no more than three per month!
I believe, the disadvantage have every non-English speaking Countries. This is because every surveys must first be translated.
The disavantage is not only to take surveys in a non-english speaking country, but a non-top tier country. There are various english speaking african countries, but unluckily companies have no interest in them (they don't sell there their products or they in advance suppose people can't afford to buy what they sell). I have italian collegues who can earn up to 300 euros per month only doing surveys and they obviously live in a non-english speaking country. But they have a profile companies like.

Anger and distaste are mere words to describe the pain and hurts I feel Inside, when I log in to take surveys and it is boldly written: NO SURVEY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR REGION! That's seem unfair to me.

This issue is being faced by many who found themselves in a developing country.

Why should surveys be limited to certain kinds of persons, I do question myself? What could be responsible for this problem? I need an answer, please share your reason.
Take a look at this very closely, when a product the survey is all about isn't sold in the country where you are, and you are giving information about the products, which ever information you provide will be useful to the company with respect to adjusting the products to suit their customers preferences.

Case study surveys only provide specific information about the community studied. Often has low return rate; Limited alternative expression of respondent's reaction; Depends on the structure provided.

I think the major reason why surveys are restricted to some certain geographical locations are because most of these companies
target audience are actually in these locations and they where they hope to get feedback from people within those geographical location where the business is located.
If they were to get feedback from another place other than where they are doing business in, then the purpose for that survey will be irrelevant in those areas and they would be just wasting their money in that area.

The reason some regions are excluded from survey is that data from those region my not be useful for the specific goal of the survey. Survey are not just for making money rather to gather necessary information that will guide perfect outcome of some projects. Most regions that suffer from these restriction are their world countries. Though that are survey target world wide regions but they are few.

When it comes to survey jobs, not all countries are favoured, especially the lower tier countries. But the top tier countries are very much favoured. Based on the number of clients that summits their works for opinions to survey panels.
Post automatically merged:

Surveys have never been good for those coming from third tier and fourth tier countries. If your from this countries know that you won't necessarily get a job all the time with surveys, if at all you will get. But if you are from the top tier countries your chances of getting surveys is high based on your demographics.

Last edited:
Case study surveys only provide specific information about the community studied. Often has low return rate; Limited alternative expression of respondent's reaction; Depends on the structure provided.
Exactly. Only the residents of such communities are allowed to take part in the survey because it's specifically meant for them. It's going to be a wasted effort allowing other people to take part in the survey when they won't provide any useful information.

The disavantage is not only to take surveys in a non-english speaking country, but a non-top tier country. There are various english speaking african countries, but unluckily companies have no interest in them (they don't sell there their products or they in advance suppose people can't afford to buy what they sell). I have italian collegues who can earn up to 300 euros per month only doing surveys and they obviously live in a non-english speaking country. But they have a profile companies like.
I see. However, you must know that every survey that comes to me from perform (therefore very rarely), comes from abroad, and always translated into my language (Italian).
Anyway I'm sorry, could you please suggest me, maybe via PM, in your opinion the best survey sites?
Thank you in advance.

I have asked this question before to a survey site admin, this site sends me mails on daily basis about surveys that match only to disqualified based on demographics, so I asked the why is it so, he replied that companies request for surveys for market research and its only the people living within the environment that they conduct their business that are eligible for the survey. So I asked why then was an invite sent to me, does it mean that all the companies and organizations that their products are scattered everywhere in my country doesn't do market research, and he couldn't give a good response to that. The bottomline is that they don't need our opinion.

It is actually unfair and very painful, it just as if all the good survey are restricted, I believe the reason for might be because the think people from such places lack the knowledge or exposure to the product or services which the survey is made for.

I think it is down to basic assumption, because how can an African take a survey for a product not sold in Africa. If the product is only sold and can be used in Canada for example, how then can you do a survey. That is the most important point to get an accurate data, the company must ensure not everyone is allowed to take a survey.

The top tier country survey takers are lucky. It's true that companies don't really need low tier countries when what they are marketing is not commonly used by other tier country. They also have these target users by their jobs.. like I don't know about US or any other top countries but doctors and laywers here in my country wouldn't spend their time doing surveys for extra bucks and sometimes they're what they want

Those surveys has their own purposes and being used as a tool in their research. If your country is not within their business purpose most likely they'll exclude that certain country. But you can use VPN tho if you really want to bypass that restriction

Most regions are not allowed to participate in surveys because most questions needed for a particular research could be targeted to a particular region thereby restricting others from participating since there's no need for their contributions.

It is so because a lot of companies that conducts this surveys aren't anywhere close to Africa, therefore they only need those that are in the region they are located to be a participant in their survey, anything less isn't acceptable as it would be a total waste of money.

mate you are 100% right about this situation... most of Africa, Asia countries suffer alot from this situation which is not a good thing.. how i wish the situation could be change.. because it really always vex me alot when i see such surveys.

It's so painful to see that you will be invited to take survey and with the hope of making the money attached to such survey you log in and the next thing you see is that such survey is not for your region it is disappointing. I just hope this would be corrected because everyone won't pay for the crime or dishonesty of few people in a region.

Do I really think so? Survey is something you do online, and I think anybody can asses it, unless what I really understand about some this survey app or site is that, the payment method may not be available in some countries for example not all countries support PayPal account.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back