Have you let your hosting expire?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$3.0000USD
Biznotes
Well, I have never let my hosting expire. I have put my hosting on auto renewal and I always fund my account with funds thT are enough for renewal.. when funds are not enoughmy web host will send me a notice and I immediately add enough balance to my account..My Web host also gives me grace time of a week.

It's happened before. However, I try to keep on the ball about this stuff these days. In fact, I'm struggling to pay a small bill on my hosting now, but I have around 8 days to do it.

It's happened before. However, I try to keep on the ball about this stuff these days. In fact, I'm struggling to pay a small bill on my hosting now, but I have around 8 days to do it.
For many years, I was always paying 12 months bill in advance, but last time when the hosting renewal was due, I could not arrange enough funds to pay for 1 year, so I changed to monthly bill cycle. Paying monthly is little costly compared to annual billing.

I've only let my hosting expire once, and it was for one of my first sites when I was just out of high school. I didn't like what it had turned into and it wasn't active so I just let it die. I didn't want to renew the service and let the domain die too.

For many years, I was always paying 12 months bill in advance, but last time when the hosting renewal was due, I could not arrange enough funds to pay for 1 year, so I changed to monthly bill cycle. Paying monthly is little costly compared to annual billing.
In the long run, annual is cheaper.

All my of my sites that were online have had free hosting, so I usually have to be rather proactive to take my websites down. Some free hosts take down sites if the owner hasn’t logged in for a period of time. I have allowed hosts to delete my websites by “timing them out” but I have always backed them up first in case I want to restore them later or I want something from the code.

My current paid setup uses auto renewal to my credit card, which is rather nice. There’s less need to freak out over my hosting bills.

All my of my sites that were online have had free hosting, so I usually have to be rather proactive to take my websites down. Some free hosts take down sites if the owner hasn’t logged in for a period of time. I have allowed hosts to delete my websites by “timing them out” but I have always backed them up first in case I want to restore them later or I want something from the code.

My current paid setup uses auto renewal to my credit card, which is rather nice. There’s less need to freak out over my hosting bills.

I did not know free hosting would take your site down when you did not log in for a long time. What free hosting services did you use? I once used 000webhost. The web host would put your site down for 30 minutes every day and also run ads on your site? I do not know what's it like with 000webhost these days.

I did not know free hosting would take your site down when you did not log in for a long time. What free hosting services did you use? I once used 000webhost. The web host would put your site down for 30 minutes every day and also run ads on your site? I do not know what's it like with 000webhost these days.
This was the case with x10hosting, and is now the case with most sites using the InfinityFree setup today. x10 used to nag you to log in once every month to your hosting control panel or they would delete your account. Most free web hosts of that type do the exact same thing.

I have never used 000webhost, mostly because x10 seemed to be the better alternative because they didn’t run ads. x10 instead tried to upsell free members to their premium hosting plan, which I did not buy.

I haven’t let my hosting for Bizdustry expire, but other projects which I’ve abandoned I’ve let it expire. The thing is if you don’t pay their premium plan one month they’re going to send you countless warnings before they make the decision to cancel your subscription. Sometimes if a customer doesn’t pay it’s because they have had a simple oversight!!

My hosting expired this month unfortunately. Well, I like to post on forums to get money to keep it on. It's my way of saving money from my bank account. I also like to do this with my drum lesson service I have.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back