What's new

Why is graphics design not included as a course in tertiary institution?

EMMANUEL

Ambassador
1000 Posts Club
Dec 18, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Lastly where are all aware about the rate at which this is getting on some many platform, some spend huge amount of money to enroll, why can't it be a course you learn while in school just to hiss the extra charges?
Have seen any school that offer the course??

Well.....Graphics design is a course with 💯% practice and requires more of hands-on practices, most of our institutions lack the machines needed to teach graphics designing.... And as such making it difficult to be included into the tertiary curriculum.

Concerning graphics design is not included in the course of study in tertiary institution. well, I must say that graphic design is a very wide course or profession that takes time and devices or gadgets needed to aid the learning of the student which I believe most tertiary institution lack.

I don't know why, and I feel like some schools may be majoring graphic designing as a course, and Most universities just put the graphics designing under a course maybe because it is not broad enough?

Graphic design is currently a very lucrative skill one can learn both online and offline. I think schools should be planning on how to put it on its curriculum.I don't think it is that complex or expensive because many Nigerian schools make use of a computer system.

As for me I think graphics design is very broad which could be added to a course then generally named to aid the learning of the student

Graphic designing is a skill and not an academic field. Just like carpentry cannot be included in the curriculum, and it will be rare to see plumbing included in the curriculum. The major reason for this is that these skills are broad.

They taught some basic of graphics in some institution. I could remember I was taught but it just an in-depth theoretical part then so I had to explore myself to learn the advance part of it. But I believe in the top tiers countries, that should be taught majorly the practical part of it in the institution.

I cannot be listed as a course in the university because it falls into the category of computer science and if you are going into the university to go and learn about computer you know most of this thing without it being have to offer as a separate course. Who will even go to the university to go and learn graphic design.
Post automatically merged:

I cannot be listed as a course in the university because it falls into the category of computer science and if you are going into the university to go and learn about computer you know most of this thing without it being have to offer as a separate course. Who will even go to the university to go and learn graphic design.

Lastly where are all aware about the rate at which this is getting on some many platform, some spend huge amount of money to enroll, why can't it be a course you learn while in school just to hiss the extra charges?
Have seen any school that offer the course??
Graphics design is not an elaborate course that would need to be inculcated into the undergraduate curriculum. It could be learnt in under six months. So there's no need for it to be taught as you have suggested. It is also taught under some courses in the university but it can't be the stand out program. I think some post graduate colleges teach it in the masters level.

You are right, but I would prefer to spend some money to enroll privately because most of the universities in my Country lack practical teaching, you may never understand the course. Learning privately and online would give me the opportunity to be able to ask questions and also lay my hands on new aspects of graphics design.

This is actually worrisome and I think it is time for the appropriate ministry to include Graphics Design as a course in our institutions, probably in the Fine Arts department, it is a wide area and I think it will improve the ability of our students.

Well.....Graphics design is a course with 💯% practice and requires more of hands-on practices, most of our institutions lack the machines needed to teach graphics designing.... And as such making it difficult to be included into the tertiary curriculum.
What a nice submission you have got here. Sincerely this is the real reason behind the question the original poster has asked. Most of these institutions cannot provide the necessary tools for the teaching of graphics designing. Although there are some special tutorial centres both online and offline who offer this as a course.

For something like graph is design, it is important that the person or the course is being out in the secondary school time table but they did not and I haven't seen any.

Graphics designing is not thought in it's full capacity in the tertiary institution the way it is in the outside world. They are thought as a course in some departments offering artistic related fields.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back