What's new

What happens if the crypto markets get hacked?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Is there a possibility that cryptocurrency could be hacked and stolen? It's a worry I have when investing, and I do wonder if people could potentially steel what I make. I know there are safety measures in place, but what does happen if some nefarious character gets access to a massive cryptocurrency like Bitcoin for example, and ends up taking it all somehow? Could something like that happen?

Bitcoin is the safest cryptocurrency of all criptos, and it all depends on the security you put in custody of your cryptocurrencies, and all that starts from the wallet you use, if you have good security measures, nothing has to happen, for example if you use a hardware wallet it is more difficult to get hacked than if you use a browser wallet.

There have been instances of crypto exchange and wallets getting hacked, there also have been instances of some crypto projects being hacked. However, I have never heard of any wallets, exchanges and crypto projects going down due to hacking.

In theory, blockchain cannot be hacked because it would cost a lot of money to hack the entire network, cryptocurrency transactions occur in a digital ledger called blockchain. The data in the blockchain is decentralized, and spread throughout the network, making it almost impossible to hack cryptocurrency.

However, hackers may find an opportunity to hack through access to the wallet owner's cryptocurrency to steal.
To anticipate this, it might be better to store crypto in a hot wallet as needed and store it in a cold wallet which is safer because it is not connected to the internet.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back