What's new

Have you self-taught yourself anything dealing with software?

WebKitty

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Jan 8, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In terms of developing software, have you taught yourself anything using tools and knowledge you found online?

Most of what I have learned about servers and web development has come from picking things up online. I self-taught myself with Linux as well.

In regard to web development, I seriously haven't read any books. It's all hands-on stuff. It came about from messing around with the stuff.

Also, I have played around with digital art and music notation software. Again, it's all hands-on learning.

I find it is better to learn things hands-on than to actually go to school with it. I mean anyone in development will tell you to have some background knowledge goes a long way. It is senseless to get higher education with no prior knowledge.

@WebKitty which version of Linux are you using because there are almalinux or kally linux or ubuntu or opensuse and there is a little difference like for ubuntu you install from apt get while for almalinux or rocky linux you install from dnf.

@WebKitty which version of Linux are you using because there are almalinux or kally linux or ubuntu or opensuse and there is a little difference like for ubuntu you install from apt get while for almalinux or rocky linux you install from dnf.
I was using Mint but switched to Fedora 34 Cinnamon. I only ran Unbuntu once on my laptop and didn't care for it, I have Mint on there now.

I self taught myself to design websites, especially wordpress websites. I created my first self hosted website by reading and watching tutorials online. When I started I had zero knowledge and in 6 months, I was running multiple wordpress websites, including blogs, forums, online stores, and ecommerce sites.

All my web development knowledge has been from messing around with software. I haven't learned anything from books. In fact, in my 30s, I was on disability and never worked. I spent all my time doing web development or going to college to study mathematics.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back